Want to bake the most amazing chocolate chip cookies? Look no further. I’ve found the ultimate recipe! These mini cookies are perfect for putting in goodie bags or serving during parties and casual gatherings. They’re very simple to bake and always a favorite among kids and those who prefer bite-size treats.
Doesn’t that cookie dough look delicious though?! That was the first thing I saw when I walked into best friend’s house. And like any normal person, all I wanted to was take a giant scoop and devour it.
Instead of baking by myself this week, I decided to help out one of my closest friends, Cara, who had to bake some treats for an event the following day. She actually prepared the cookie dough before I came over since we didn’t think we would have enough time to bake them and put them in goodie bags in just a few hours.
Cara and I have both been obsessed with baking ever since we were in high school. She was the one who originally introduced me to the Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe that we’ve modified and shared with you today. We’ve both tried out some other chocolate chip cookie recipes, but this one is head and shoulders above the rest.
The cookies turned out extremely soft but still held together very well. I told myself I wouldn’t have one until we were done baking them all but I couldn’t resist! I have to admit that the smell of chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven is one of my favorite scents. Anyone else a big fan?
Tip of the Day: Goodie bags can get pretty expensive, so why not just cut off the top liner of a Ziploc bag? Way more cost-efficient and most people won’t even notice.
Cara’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients & Costs:
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour = $1.26
- 2 teaspoons baking soda = $0.02
- 2 cups butter, softened = $4.50
- 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar = $0.16
- ½ cup white sugar = $0.08
- 3 (3.4 oz) packages instant vanilla pudding mix = $2.82
- 4 eggs = $1.24
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract = $0.30
- 8 cups semisweet chocolate chips = $8.00
Grand Total = $18.38
Original recipes makes approximately 182 mini cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cookie sheet with baking paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Sift together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar & white sugar. Beat in instant vanilla pudding mix until browned. Beat in eggs, vanilla & flour mixture. Finally, stir in chocolate chips.
- If time permits, please refrigerate for 1-3 days before baking to allow ingredients to combine and flavors to develop.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls of cookie dough onto baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown on the edges.
Store cookies in airtight container for up to 5 days.
Please let me know in the comments if you attempt baking these! Cara and I would love to hear how they turn out. 🙂